Favourite Books

  • The Green Mile
  • Animal Farm
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Rings
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

Thursday 24 April 2014

Pig-Headed

Crap!!! I have got to find something to keep my mind busy...tried walking the dogs..nothing...all this insanity just floating about inside my head, screaming to get out...So here we go, for a second time, today!!!
  For some reason, pig-headed has been ringing the bells for the past 1/2 hour. This is something I am an expert in. I have been called pig-headed and stubborn since I was a kid. Just another genetic option I was blessed with, got the stubborn streak from my father, and the inability not to speak my mind, from my mother. Quite the combination, but...I have become extremely comfortable with both.
  I am fully aware there are plenty out there, who are not comfortable with who I am...as mentioned before, really don't care..tough sh*t for them!! I am also sure they dislike the fact that someone like me has the ability to spew out to the world, again...suck it up!!
  Yes, I am pig-headed, but, I get that way, because my opinion matters to me!! I am more than willing to debate, with those who feel I am wrong, but, I always try to be fully prepared for battle. When I feel strongly about something I will focus solely on that, and with the awesome tools at my finger tips, I will spend, hours, days, and months researching. Yes, I admit,  I get an instant feeling about something. Things will rub me wrong right off the bat, just like people do. Perhaps, again, another genetic tweak? My instinct has served me pretty well through life, I have made a few errors, but, not many.
  We, as people, have made it to this point, because of those who are pig-headed. The early explorers would never have left harbour, if they did not have a stubborn streak. O.K. they were a tad different than me, because along with that "tweak" they had a jolly little adventurous streak, which, I do NOT have. But, things would have ground to a halt way back in the neanderthal days, if someone had not been persistent.
  Pig-Headed people don't give up, easily. When we find something that rubs us the wrong way, we will try our hardest to prove to the world (or , at least our small circle of it) that our take on things is the right one. No, it's not because we are better than others, therefore, our opinion is correct. I think that is where us PH's(lol, sounds rather important abbreviated) get into trouble. Too many others feel we are trying to shove our opinions down their throats.
  Not true, at all! What we are simply attempting to do, is show everyone else what we see. We are looking way outside the box...Just because most people see what is inside of the box, and it looks pretty appealing, PH's need to know, how it got in the box, where it came from, how much it cost, how long it's going to last, and what else is going to be required once accepted.
  To be pig-headed is often a pain in the butt. It would be so nice to simply accept, and not question, but...again, where the heck would humanity be, if people did not question? Really, folks, while you sit back, and let life flow along smoothly, accepting,...the PH's of the world are running about, worrying about fall-out.
  "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". Now, see that is an oxymoron for us PH's. We are going to look directly into that mouth. What if that horse only has one tooth? What is the mouth is full of sores? What if, down the road, that horse is going to cost you dearly, when it becomes your responsibility? So, we open up the mouth, and dig around, just in case something is hiding in there.
  So, for those who get fed up with PH's, always placing doom and gloom in your sunny days, maybe you should stop screeching about our "Pit-Bull" mentality. If someone offers acceptable answers to our questions, handing over the dentist's clean bill of horse health, we will relax...and give the horse an apple.
  That's it, folks, the only way to shut a PH up!! Prove them wrong!!! Not an easy task, better sit down and start your research, most of us are well armed!

No comments:

Post a Comment