Favourite Books

  • The Green Mile
  • Animal Farm
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Rings
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

Saturday 10 May 2014

A Little Mellow

Oh, trust me, I have about 4 blogs on the go, all ranting off about something that is under my skin, however, as tomorrow is MY holiday, I figured I would mellow out a bit.
  I expect you all know by now, underneath my thick venom filled exterior, beats the heart of a softie. Lord love us, I have bawled my eyes out at every animal show I have been brave enough to watch, my eyes pour when I hear Amazing Grace, or the pipes and drums. I am an emotional marshmellow, but, usually when I am hidden away. I have been to funerals, and set out ensuring myself I will be strong, but as soon as one person spilled a single tear, I am hooped. Mostly because I find it so easy to put myself in someone's place.
  As nasty and evil as I can be when I get my intuition in a twist, I am like a sponge when it comes to pain and sorrow. Strangely enough not so much with the happy side of things. Oh, I am somewhat happy when people blurt out how wonderful whatever is, but....maybe I just can't put myself into that place, quite as easily, because I don't dwell on the positive side of life.
  So, today, some positive dwelling.
   I have been lucky to find the man of my dreams. That in itself, should put me on top of the world, and it does, when I take the time to acknowledge this fact. Cripes, he must wonder what I would be like if he wasn't the man of my dreams, as obviously, I am not an easy person to live with. I will say, I would certainly not be near as nice as I am,LOL. Yes, I harp at him constantly, and some of his habits drive me up the wall (I expect that is mutual). I don't tell him how lucky I am to have him, often, but..every once in awhile the words are spoken. We have lived decades together, almost longer for me, than without him, and longer for him. That is pretty incredible, and in these times, real positive.So, in the lotto of love, I won the mega fortune...yep, I know, said this was going to be a little mellow, not mushy..
  I have 3 children, all healthy, and all adults. I have 3 grandchildren, who do hug me, and tell me they love me. I can do that with grandchildren, much easier than grown people, and although I don't go posting it all over Facebook, I am proud of the lot of them. Again, pretty damn positive.
  I have some of the greatest friends ever created, and no matter how hard I am to put up with, they stuck like glue to me. Friends are truly one of life's greatest gifts, and I love each and everyone of them. With friends, I can show my mushy side, and I do it once in awhile, just to ensure they know how much they mean to me.
  I have a wonderful place in my backyard, that I can spend a moment, and view something so amazing, it makes me understand how incredible this planet we live on is. It can give me a feeling of peace and contentment, just to sit silently, and watch and listen. That is positive. 
  I have lived almost 58 years, which is absolutely incredible. I have done things that many never have a chance to do. I have crossed off a few things on my bucket list, long before I realized I had a bucket list. I have come to realize that when the time comes, and I depart, I will leave a truck load of memories for many. And that may be the most positive thing of all...The realization that even though I am often a ranting negative Nelly, sometimes, some people, see the positive side of me.
  BTW..I did not mention my brother, sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws, nieces and nephews, and Aunty Rosie, and cousins and, my dogs, but, just in case...each and everyone of you is pretty darn positive too!!
  There enough of the positives!!
 So on that positive note, I will say Happy Mother's day (a little early)to all the Mom's out there, and take a few moments tomorrow to remember the most special Mother ever, mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment