Favourite Books

  • The Green Mile
  • Animal Farm
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Rings
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

Monday 29 February 2016

It's A Farm, Not a Petting Zoo!

 Four young porkers in the front row uttered shrill squeals of disapproval, and all four of them sprang to their feet and began speaking at once. But suddenly the dogs sitting round Napoleon let out deep, menacing growls, and the pigs fell silent and sat down again

 As an old bag, I have (as the song says) looked at life from both sides now. Heck, I have known, loved and hated, more than my fair share. Mixed in, I have liked and disliked even more.
 I remember old people back when I was young, I remember thinking how impossibly old they were, and how set in their ways.."old fashioned" ways. Now I am one of those. Unlike my predecessors, my world is much different. Although I may not have agreed with some of the "elders" ways, and certainly I didn't want anything to do with them, they were pretty boring...I DID respect them! I realized they knew a whole sh*tload more about life than I did, they had raised families, they had managed to survive through depressions, wars, hardships that I never endured, so..they had paid their price, and for that I had to offer them the honour of respect. It wasn't difficult, because, even back then, I think I knew, life was about to get much harder, and I also would have to face struggles. I am sure there are more struggles ahead, because I hope I still have a nice chunk of time left, but, sadly, those coming up behind me, just don't have a clue. That respect I gave, well, it has disappeared, I will not benefit from the honour given back in the day. Hey, I can live with it, but, it is sad, and a sign of the ignorance that humanity has chosen to accept.
  See, somehow, people have forgotten where they came from. Well cripes, some of them didn't even lace up their shoes to go anywhere. Everyone now gets a ride to where they want to go, because for some strange reason, they feel they deserve to zip along the game board without waiting their turn. Again, such is life...But, there are those who started at the start area, bare naked, with the dice in their hands. They lucked out, someone came along, and threw the dice for them, and got them all set up . They didn't go to school for years of education, they didn't live from hand to mouth to try and get ahead, nope..they were freaking lucky, they were in the right place at the right time, and someone else grabbed their hand and sprinkled them with fairy dust! Now, I am not saying they didn't have to pick up the slack, but, when they had a nice big crunchy carrot dangling in front of them, that allowed them to get all they wanted, how hard is it to go along for the ride?
  Now, suddenly because they are still sparkling in the sunlight with that magic dust, they appear to have forgotten that not everyone got coated in the stuff. They have forgotten that they are where they are, simply through a fluke of fate, not because they are special, but because they were damn lucky!! They forget that some of the rest of the world happened to be standing at the start area with them.
  Now, I have to imagine those sparklers think the dust was shared evenly, and they just happened to be somehow better then those who no longer shine as brightly, but obviously the bright light emanating off of them, blinds them to reality. The world now, appears to revolve around their ideals, what benefits their own tiny world the most. They have become accustomed to focusing on what allows them to live the lifestyle they presume to think outweighs everything else. Because they receive an nice income doing what they do, any and all who oppose any progress, become ignorant, granolas..tree hugging, industry stoppers, complainers.
  See, the whole world is wrong if they are not willing to open every door up and place industry first and foremost. These folks actually have produced a new generation, who, apparently will live just as well, and comfortably, shining brightly with their inherited fairy dust covering.I imagine they think, those they have produced, will indeed live just as comfortably as they do. Well, hopefully far wealthier than they are, because to shut their mouths and accept sh*t, means their offspring are going to be paying a f*cking huge price for the basic necessities! If anyone has the nerve to open their mouth and complain..well..stand up on that high horse, and holler at the audacity to even suggest something is wrong! Clearly all must shut up and sit back so the sparklers can continue on, this is their road, they have no complaints, except for complainers.
  Someday, when the shine rubs off a little, and income becomes just one of the many struggles they deal with, and...when something they find disagreeable pops its ugly head up in their face, I am sure they will just sit quietly. Of this I have no doubt.
  They have a very long road ahead of them, they might be lucky, and continue having everything go their way, but that is doubtful. H-ll, they may even live long enough to exist in a world they appear to relish, one that quietly accepts...But, although they seem to think they are the only ones who know what is right and what is wrong, they will never be at the top of the totem, so..one day, someone with a ton more glitter than them, will decide something that might not sound so agreeable... and they will of course, sit back, shut up, and never utter a word of complaint.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0F-eOD_4qY

WELCOME TO THE FARM
  I did not write this to be rude, nor did I write this to direct at any one person. I wrote this, because I believe we have a right, and a responsibility to dispute things which we do not agree with. The day we lose that right, we are in serious trouble. The day those we elect to run our country and in turn, rule our lives, forget our rights, we are lost! To keep silent..is the beginning of the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment